Terms and Conditions of Sale
REVISED – 1/1/15
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all quotations are made and aluminum sand castings, tooling, and modifications are sold upon the following terms and conditions.
- Prices quoted are valid for thirty (30) days from date of this quotation. Releases may be scheduled for delivery over a maximum of ninety (90) days from date of order. A surcharge may be added to the quoted price by the Seller at the time of shipment and invoicing which will be reflective of increases experienced by the Seller in the cost of its aluminum purchases from its suppliers.
- All castings are sold with heads, gates, fins and similar extraneous metal removed to approximate the contour of the casting. Any Exceptions will be noted on the quotation.
- Terms -1% Fifteen (15) days, thirty (30) days net from invoice date. Service charge at the rate of 1½% per month will be charged on all accounts remaining unpaid 45 days after date of billing. This charge is computed at an annual percentage rate of 18%.
- Claims for error in shipment weight or number must be made within ten (10) days after receipt of castings.
- Credit will be given for castings rejected due to foundry defects. Such castings must be reported to the seller within 6 months (180 days) after their receipt, no exceptions. Credit will be given and transportation allowed for actual weight of such castings returned. Seller is not responsible for machine work, welding, inserts or chills furnished by purchaser, labor charges or any other losses or damage caused by defective castings.
- The seller shall not be liable in damages for failure to deliver and the purchaser shall not be liable in damages for the failure to receive, as a result of fires, strikes, differences with employees, accidents or other causes beyond their control.
- Inquiries from purchasers shall give actual or estimated rough weight of castings and an accurate detailed description of pattern and core box and other equipment to be furnished. This description should indicate whether the pattern and core box is plated, gated, single, skeleton or sweep, metal or wood. When new patterns are to be made, the purchaser should submit blueprints to the seller to obtain suggestions concerning the best method for constructing the pattern equipment. Quotations will be made on information supplied by purchaser.
- When quotations involve the making of piece prices, weights as nearly definite as possible shall be established and agreed upon and quotation shall be subject to revision on any variation from the established weights.
- Should purchaser require special treatment of castings, such as heat treatment, special analysis, chemical and physical specifications, test bars, pressure tests, x-ray, etc., his inquiry shall set forth such requirements in detail. All special treatment in excess of processes, described in condition No. 2 shall be at the purchaser’s expense.
- No order shall be changed with liability unless notice of the revision is made and is accepted in writing before work is in process. When a change is necessary and the work is in process, purchaser is to be charged for any castings previously made, as well as cost of cores, molds or equipment discarded because of such change.
- Cancellations of orders without liability are to be made only by mutual consent of the purchaser and the seller. Cancellations and/or deferred deliveries must provide for the payment for work in process.
- The seller is to make an effort at all times, as operational conditions will permit, to furnish, as near as possible, the exact quantity specified. However, unless otherwise stipulated the purchaser shall accept an overrun of not to exceed 10% above quantity specified on order.
- Special production service to secure unusual deliveries not in accordance with original delivery instructions shall be given by written request and at purchaser’s expense.
- Purchaser shall supply pattern and core equipment in proper condition to produce the quantity and quality of castings agreed upon. All repairs and changes necessary to place equipment in proper condition shall be the purchaser’s obligation.
- The seller shall not be liable in any manner for losses or damage by reason of the manufacture and sale to the purchaser of any patented device or parts thereof made in accordance with drawings, designs, models or patterns furnished by the purchaser.
- Seller is not responsible for variations existing between blueprints and patterns and core box equipment supplied by purchaser. If requested by purchaser, seller will check patterns and core box equipment with blueprints at purchaser’s expense unless otherwise agreed to by the seller.
- Follow boards, core dryers and similar devices when required are to the furnished by the purchaser.
- All purchaser supplied patterns, core boxes and loose pieces specific to this quote, shall be marked properly for identification by purchaser.
- The purchaser shall assume all freight drayage, boxing and crating charges on patterns, both to and from the seller.
- Each pattern and associated tooling can remain stored with the seller while it remains an active pattern. If no activity on the pattern equipment occurs over a period of three years, the pattern equipment will be returned to purchaser.